Thursday, April 30, 2009

Simply Magical

So, it's been three jam packed days!!!

Where oh where do I begin? :o)
(no worries, I won't bore you with tons o'writing)

IN THE KITCHEN:
We've been busy little bumble bees baking MORE bread!

To my surprise...I'm actually starting to get the hang of it...but all thanks to our instructor, Chef Tim.


Timothy Kitzman was the Executive Bread Baker at Dewey's Bakery, where he created new varieties of artisan breads daily, in addition to Dewey's Traditional and Stone Mill breads. Prior to joining Dewey's, Tim was a baking instructor at the renowned San Francisco Baking Institute where he taught students throughout the world the fine art of baking. He has also worked and consulted with leading companies including King Arthur Flour Company, Della Fattoria and Hotel Dupont, among others. Tim attended the Culinary Institute of America in New York. -Dewey's Bakery






Some have been working hard...

















...some have not! *chuckles* (waiting for dough to proof is so boring....I had to find a way to keep myself entertained) :o)






lots of GREAT team work!








beautiful MASTERPIECE!!


(good job Kiku!)








Today we made honey whole wheat, ciabatta, and medium rye bread!
I'm not quite sure why I bothered shopping for food because NOW I have bread to last me for the next 6 months!!! I'm going to look like a dinner roll by the time I return to Chicago.

OUTSIDE THE KITCHEN:

-Delicious dinner on Tuesday night at Kiku's along with Lorenzo (my first home away from home cooked meal)

-Puppy Playtime


-and of course, CELEBRATING MY BDAY!!!

I could not have asked for a better birthday in Orlando.

It started out with yummy cupcakes made by none other than fellow trouble maker, Samantha.

During lunch, I received a bouquet of balloons from my Googly Bear (aka my boyfriend) at school. (sorry for the fuzzy pic...it's the only one I took)








AND flowers in the form of a slice of CAKE!

Flowers AND cake?!?!?!

My hunny boo knows me so well! *missing him*



Then it was time to get ready for DISNEY!!!





I got my makeup done...and others got their eyebrows done???? *laughs hysterically*










After an hour or so of primping up for the bday bash...we FINALLY made it!








This was DEFINITELY a magical (VIP) Disney experience:
  • We had two cars that got free ROCK STAR parking (didn't have to take the ferry or tram to the front gate)
  • EVERYONE entered in for free!
  • Didn't have to wait in ANY line (without a fast pass-was able to cover 7 rides in 3 hours!!
  • Fun pin trading experience (everyone had to trade my pins in for Goofy pins...MISSSION ACCOMPLISHED!!)

  • Saw fireworks at the Magic Kingdom for the FIRST time (even though I've been there 7 other times)
  • All in all, it was another Goofy experience with some of the GOOFIEST friends!

I am DEFINITELY blessed to have good people in my life. I am grateful for my Orlando experiences (and it's ONLY been 2 weeks) and the opportunity to have met some of the COOLEST people ever!


Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined my birthday away from Chicago to be this MaGiCaL!...DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!!!!! :o)


I've decided that no matter how much I want a low activity profile life...it'll never happen! I'm so sleep deprived *yawns*

I SHOULD have the next three days off...but instead, I'm going to have my hands in CHOCOLATE! TORTUROUS, I KNOW!!! :o)


Tomorrow begins a three day course on Chocolate Showepieces with Vincent Pilon....you have NO idea how excited I am for this!!! More on Vincent tomorow....stay tuned!!! :o)

4 comments:

  1. I like the last picture where you're standing on the pedestal behind that really big Goofy statue. Just kidding.

    It looks like you had an awesome birthday at the Magic Kingdom. There's no place better to spend your birthday--though I haven't done it in years. We used to go every 7/5, but crowds and heat around the 4th of July are INSANE. Now I like to go for a bunch of UNbirthdays at other times of the year.

    I had to laugh when I saw the picture of you posing in front of Cinderella Castle. See that PhotoPass Photographer in the distance behind you (the fat old lady with her hands behind her back)? She's been working that spot for a while now. She's taken our picture in front of the castle on our last two trips. Worst pictures of either vacation!

    I thought the first time was just a fluke in December, but Noooooo. Our January pictures were just as bad. Washed out castle and under-lit people in the photos--BOTH TRIPS. Nice cast member, but she should not be allowed behind a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savitre!! I'm glad you had a magical birthday & that i was able to share the experience with you! The pictures came out great i especially love the last one with you in front of goofy.. whoever took that one must have some serious photography skills [;

    hope you have a fabulous weekend! see ya monday!

    <3- Samantha (aka your fellow trouble maker)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUSTIN: now why am I not surprised that you would call ME "goofy" *laughs*

    I looked and saw the photopass lady....that is hilarious, I'll have to be on the lookout for her now!

    Maybe when you're here next month you could attempt a third try for a good pic...OR I'll just have to tag along and be your photographer *wink*

    Samantha: I'm glad you're glad because it definitely would not have been the same without all of y'all! :o) And yes, the photographer of that last pic totally ROCKS!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not letting that lady take my picture again! From what I've seen, you know how to handle a camera better than she. Definitely, tag along.

    ReplyDelete