It's not as big as the one in Chicago, but I think the cool part is that since it's nice weather here in Orlando, they can hold most of their functions outside. I was pretty surprised to see fellow Thai people in Orlando.
We arrived just in time for the alms food offering.
There were a lot of cool Buddhist sayings on the trees.

Check out some of my other pics from the temple.

Tonight I mentally/physcially prepare for my first day of school.Notebook - check
Writing implement - check
and of course Digital camera -check ...double check! :o)
I'm extremely excited!!!
During our meet and greet, we were told to document our thoughts and ideas about pastry (i.e. what we know, what we like, and what we hope to accomplish) and then look back 6 months from now to see how we've grown and if our new favorite pastry is something that we never imagined it to be.
Sooooo...what do I know about pastries?
*thinks really long and hard about this* :o)
Chocolate: I LOVE M&Ms (mmmm....my favorite)
Bread: Nothing beats falafel with pita BREAD
Breakfast Pastries: The only thing I know is croissants...but I usually eat cereal or oatmeal. *shrugs*
Cake: Definitely banana all the way!
Ice Cream: Rocky Road has it all...who wouldn't love it?
*laughs* Okay, so I definitely have a long way to go in this pastry world...but that's what I'm here for right? I am definitely a poster child for going into this with a blank slate.
I am ready to *sings the Army jingle* Be All The Sponge That I Can Be...and Get An Edge On Life In French Pastry. It's late...I'm not used to this eastern time zone...so please excuse my quirkyness. I want to absorb EVERYTHING there is to know about pastries. :o)
Anyways, the six things that Chef Ewald told us that would make us successful at this school is:
- Timeliness (I know I have to work on this)
- Attitude ( "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours" -Swedish proverb)
- Be open-minded (that's me...I'm always game for anything!)
- Not get frustrated (Bring it on! *tries to look intimidating*)
- Ask lots of questions (no problem in this department...I have a very inquiring mind) :o)
- most important one....HAVE FUN!!!! (yay! I was hoping he'd say that...because this is my forte)
Off to bed I go...but I'll definitely let you know how the first day of school goes. I feel like a giddy school girl all over again. *chuckles*
No comments:
Post a Comment