Chef James was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His culinary training began in the military followed by an accredited Pastry Apprenticeship at a Five-Star property, Certificate of Specialization and Diploma in Food and Beverage Management and never ending continuing education classes around the world. He has appeared on the Food Network several times and also have written several articles for magazines. Chef James' recent culinary position was Executive Pastry Chef at The Cloister Hotel in Georgia.
-Pastry Professionals Association, MN
Everyone was paired up with a partner (and let me tell you...my partner ROCKS!!! Like me, she loves the color pink, loves decorating cakes, owns a pink KitchenAid mixer, and she's a Taurus...her birthday was today...FELIZ CUMPLEANOS ELENA!!!!), and had to make dough with different types of flour. Ooey Gooey Goodness!! *getting giddy just thinking about it*
(sssshhh...don't worry, I'll get you a picture of her...I ALWAYS DO!!! NO ONE excapes my camera!!! *evil laugh*)
Who would've thought that there was more than All Purpose Flour...if it's all purpose, then why not just use that, right? *shrugs*

We also made biscuits...and didn't even use Bisquick!!!


Oh well, at least I got to enjoy all the other good ones. *smile of content*
So, it's been fun finally getting our hands dirty...but the fun didn't start there!
It began when we walked in on Wednesday and got our toolkit! I felt like I was opening up early birthday gifts... Thank you Notter
School!
We also got the remainder of our uniform. The jackets aren't official yet...the official ones will be embroidered with our names. THEN, I'll be official...grrr...being
official takes a long time, eh?
That was my attempt at trying to look serious and do one of those Food Network poses. CLEARLY, I don't know what serious looks like! :o) ...plus that jacket needs to be ironed.
Hmmm...maybe John can iron it out...but with a rolling pin??? *laughs*
So this isn't completely all of our uniform...wait'll you see me in the OVERSIZED chef hat and apron....then you'll really get a kick out of that!
Our floors are spotless, thanks to Christina! :o)Don't get me wrong, in Baker's Percentage, it's still 100% FUN!! :o)

That's totally an Iron Chef pose! Even more so if you actually IRON the jacket. Ha!
ReplyDeleteYou going to hide a rat in your hat when you get it?
Saw your twitter feed on the sidebar. Running in Celebration? No fair! I'm jealous.
Justin: If that rat can bake...I'm game! *giggles*
ReplyDeleteWhen you come out for Expedition Everest, you too can go for a nice run in Celebration...maybe then i'll see you wearing all black on the running path. How fun! :o)