Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sanitation Station

I decided to update my blog as I sit here (patiently) waiting for the sun to set. I think it would be LOVELY to go for a sunset run, don't you? Ho hum...it's 7:15..and no sign of sun setting yet. *twiddles thumbs*

Today was a fun day! We got to work in groups and explore the kitchen and find anything that would be hazardous. Our group found LOTS!!!...I think we won! *laughs* Okay, so it really wasn't a competition nor was it a game, but I had tons-o-fun!. :o)


We also got to do a crossword puzzle and wordsearch!!!....now THIS is my kind of schooling!!

We then got to see Gone in 60 Seconds LIVE!!!

Pretty cool, eh?
Unfortunately, I'm not referring to the movie...I'm referring to germs being gone in 60 seconds because you have to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds.

Here is Fabian doing a live demo of "how to properly wash your hands".

Awww, he looks so happy! :o)


During the second half of our day, we got to witness chocolate tempering! COOLNESS!!






I wanted to just down the whole pot!!! *mouth starts to water* HOLD ME BACK!!!






This was definitely neat because we got to see the making of a chocolate sculpture and airbrushing. Oooooo...how I love airbrush!!!


Before we left class, we received the pants portion of our uniform and an OFFICIAL Notter School of Pastry Arts tee shirt...which I will model for you in tomorrow's blog. Stay tuned! :o)

(I am getting THAT much closer to graduating from JUNIOR CHEF-in-apron)...EXCITING TIMES!!! Also, we begin artisan breads....DOUGHn't ya just love it? *giggly laugh*

1 comment:

  1. We should have Fabian and my father--a surgeon--have a hand washing contest. My dad would totally smoke him. No one beats Pops with a faucet and hand soap!

    I would last about a day at your school. You would see the fridge door open with just my feet sticking out while I devour all the goodies within. Then I'd lick all the chocolate covered spoons . . . and apparently eat all the flowers. What is that flower thing made of anyway?

    It's good that everyone's uniforms will now have pants. Less picture cropping to keep your blog presentable.

    And lastly, remember to wear all black from head-to-toe when you run outside at night. It really freaks out the bicyclers.

    ReplyDelete