Monday, April 20, 2009

Nutrition Basics


Today I made it to school 10 minutes early! YAY ME!!! :o)







Our instructor for today and tomorrow is Fabian.

He's here to teach us about nutrition and sanitation. The A.D.D. in me wanted to play with pots and pans...not sit and listen to lecture. Oh well, patience is a virtue, right? :o)

It was a little hard to hear him in our classroom because of the refrigerators running, but when I could hear him....he's a pretty funny guy. I really like funny people! I think it's going to be weird getting to know a teacher just to find out that someone new is teaching the next day. Hmmm....I guess I must learn to embrace change.

Today we covered nutrition. I can't believe how unhealthy I eat! YIKES!! *shivers*


We also had to work in groups and create a food pyramid for different types of people (runners, elders, and teenagers).

My group had to work on "elders"...hmm...do you think Fabian was trying to say something to our group? *laughs* I am the third oldest in the class, and the other two that are older were in my group...the rest of the students are just out of college or high school. It's all good...my Asianess helps me fit in with most groups. *smiles* Speaking of...have ya checked out my countdown?!?!...Yup, in about 8 days it'll be my birthday!! *singing* "for she's a jolly good fellow..."

Anyways, as I was saying, we had to work in groups and our pyramid was THE BEST (of course that is not a biased opinion or anything)!!! *tries not to laugh* Actually, it's because we had a graphic designer in our group!


Check out the artistic drawings! :o)

The second half of class, Chef Ewald Notter did a quick sugar demonstration. I can't wait to get my hands on sugar and isomalt. He made it look so easy, even though I KNOW it is not! :o)


Scared the crepes out of us when it popped! :o)

Although I survived my first day of school, it was a very emotional morning. Today my Hunny Boo left to go back to the Windy City...leaving me here all alone. I was trying to be strong, knowing that he'll be back soon to visit, but when we had to depart...it was the hardest thing in the world. I tried to hold back tears, but failed miserably. *sob*

Good news though, I decided not to spend anymore of that negative energy crying...instead, when I got home, I went for a nice brisk 3 mile run. It was 74 degrees and drizzling very lightly...it was PERFECT! I couldn't ask for better weather on my first time running since...since...gee....I don't even have any idea since when. So Hip Hip...HOORAY!!!

Well, gots to go now, because I already have homework on my first day. Homework topic: L'Escoffier . *giggles*....I'm going to love learning French and the metric system! :o)

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you settled into your new life in Orlando. Glad everything is working out. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted this blog, i got to show my sister the chocolate flower that Notter made thanks to the BEAUTIFUL photo you took!

    See ya tomorrow! Tacky chef pants and all! haha

    - Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha: I'm so glad we waited around to receive the rest of our uniform! I definitely have to wash my pants tonight...I feel like i'm wearing cardboard compared to everyone else.

    ReplyDelete