Saturday, August 22, 2009

Shotts of Chocolate Makes It Better


Why?!?!? Why did it happen to me?!?!?! That wretched day!!!

The morning was dark, quiet, and still. Not a sound to be heard for miles away.

Was anyone else awake? NO!! Just me!

There I was, surrounded by an unsually fowl odor.

But what could it be?...

...and then IT happened!!

THUMPTHUMP
THUMPTHUMP
THUMPTHUMP

Okay, okay, enough of the dramatic opening... :o)

WARNING: I'm just being me in my silly mood again...so if this post makes absotutalootly no sense whatsoever...my apologies to y'all.

It's been a pretty insane 2 weeks...but I don't know if I would exactly go as far as to say "wretched" :o)


Last Thursday, as I headed out the door, there was definitely a strange smell in the parking lot. I didn't think anything of it, until I started driving off. I almost made it to the gateway of my community, when I heard a funky sound. I lowered my windows and turned off the AC...sure enough it was the sound of a flat tire. "Gosh Darn It", I thought. I pulled the car over to a spot near a street lamp and got out to check. Yup, front driver's side, flat as a pancake.


Normally, I would be able to change the tire myself...however, since my car is new, everything was bolted down ridiculously tight. I swear...I know how to change my own tire...I just didn't have the muscle power that morning.

So who comes to my rescue???? Are you ready for this??? You're NOT going to believe this!!!!...Definitely not AAA....Is the suspense killing you yet????...


Okay...okay....Answer: CHEF NOTTER!!! *my hero* :o)

Yes, I called the school to let them know that I was going to be running late. Fortunately for me, Chef Notter answered the phone and seemed very concerned to help me in my desperate time of need. Faster than you can say Notter School of Pastry Arts and Car Repair, Chef Notter pulled up next to my car and in the blink of an eye, my tire was changed. (Wish I had gotten a picture of this...but I was more concerned about helping him get the tired changed...*ho hum*.)


He was quite surprised that I had gotten most everything ready for him to go. I said "Mise en place" with a huge grin on my face.

- a French term meaning "everything in place". It is normally used in a professional kitchen to refer to the ingredients and other components that a cook requires to prepare during their shift.

Yes, Savitre doesn't fail to make Chef laugh...even during the most stressful times!! :o)


ANYWAYS, to make a long story short (too late, right?):

The spare flatted (is that a word??) by lunchtime.

Reggie filled air in the spare just so I could get to the dealership.

Waited at the dealership for 2 excrutiating hours.

When the car was done, major rain/thunderstorm began.

Traffic moved like molasses.

Finally made it home into my nice, warm, comfy bed :o)

Ahhh...then begins my weekend of FUNness!


It's been quite some time since I've taken a weekend class, so I was extremely excited.


This time it was Artisinal Bonbons and Confections with Andrew Shotts.


We got some awesome recipes including yummy marshmallows, Baja popcorn, and about a gajillion different types of bon bons.

Day 1: Helped scale ingredients and watch Chef Andrew make tons of ganache.

Day 2: Savitre burns 1 cup worth of popcorn and supposedly broke the microwave. I can't even pop popcorn properly ...what am I doing here?!?!?! *sigh* Just wasn't my day, I guess.


Day 3: Taste tested every single product made...sometimes had to taste them several times just to be sure *wink wink*. Boxed up all the products in cute little packagings that Chef Andrew provided for us. Got him to sign my copy of his book. He's so silly, his signature autograph is "Shake Your Bon Bon" :o). Anyways, heard you were going to be at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival...maybe I'll see ya there Chef :o)

All in all, what started out to be a no good, very bad day ended up in the most delicious weekend ever! Another round of Shotts please! :o)

1 comment:

  1. How do you expect to be victorious at the Expedition Everest Challenge if you can't even change a tire. May recommend that you purchase the Dr. Doofenshirtz Evil Tirechanginator.

    Speaking of the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, we are going to be there for the first day on 9/25. You are more than welcome to spend the day at Epcot with us checking everything out. After that (around 9pm) a few of us may head over to see Yeehaw Bob Jackson over at Port Orleans Riverside.

    ReplyDelete