However, in theaters today...Julie & Julia!
I normally don't frequent theaters just because I hate paying the overpriced movie tickets...but this movie was going to be special. Growing up in my generation WITHOUT Food Network, one can truly appreciate Julia Child along with:


GRAHAM KERR

and of course... MARTIN YAN
So, there we were at a Regal Cinnema in Winter Park. It was me, Kobfa, and a theater full of elderly ladies (those whom also appreciate the classic cookings of Julia Child). I have a short attention span at theaters and have even been known to fall asleep at some (must admit...I fell asleep through The Matrix). This time it was different...this time I had my tray of nachos (with cheese and EXTRA jalapenos *Ooooo-we*!!!)...and a super mega big gulp of lemonade on hand (a surprise I didn't have to take a bathroom break in the middle of the movie). I never once took my eyes off the movie. *two thumbs up*
Meryl Streep did an excellent job of portraying Julia Child. She was drop-dead hilarious. If you don't already love Julia Child...this movie will sure make ya! However, what interested me most was Julie Powell's blog. No doubt that when I got home, I had to search for her blog site.
TA DAH!!!.... here it is The Julie/Julia Project.
It made me wish I had a purpose to my blog. Some people blog about running, some people blog as a form of therapy. Me?!?!?....I blog for the sake of rambling on...hahaha (it's what I do best). I wish I had a mission...I wish I had a purpose for my blog...I too wish I had a "project".
So, if y'all out there have any ideas for me...please send them my way...please? :o)
Until then, I thank you avid readers for continually reading my blog...glad I can entertain! :o)

BUT WAIT!!!....THERE'S MORE!! (told you I like to ramble on) *lol*
As the night grew darker...Kobfa and I drove to 1 Walmart and 4 Walgreens in search of a Redbox to rent some scary movies. I ALWAYS love a good scare (as long as I know I'm in a safe environment). $1/night for movies...where you can pause, go to the bathroom or replenish your drinks, or rewind because you couldn't understand what they were saying...now THAT'S my kind of moving going! WAIT!!...just remembered....we actually got these movies for free (clearly I'm a big cheapo)...if you plan to rent from Redbox...look online for coupon codes. Why pay a buck when you can get it for free? *wink wink*
Anyways, we ended up getting Dark Secrets and The Uninvited. Dark Secrets wasn't scary *bummed*....it was more of a mystery solving...I don't know what. But The Uninvited?!?!?....now THAT was good!! I love movies with great endings (and pizza from Papa Johns aint bad either)!

Well, I for one love the way you have been conducting your blog. It is a blog of your life’s journey into the sweet and so wonderful taste and smells of chocolate and sweets; along with all the other wacky things you do- which I also love to read.
ReplyDeleteI mean how many people from a small mid-west town you think can travel to all the places you've been and still have the urge to bake cake and run! Well, maybe the "run" part can use a little work, but hey it’s all good! :) ha-ha – just kidding. Heck I shouldn’t talk, if it were my blog it be called “EAT cake and SLEEP”! Keep up the good work.
Anonymous: Haha...I originally thought of calling my cake "Eat Sleep and Run"...but I figured I'd try and document more of the baking aspects. Though, it does seem like I do more eating than baking :o) What can I say, eating is what I do best.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, glad you're enjoying the blog. I find it enjoyable to go back and reread some of my posts...often thinking "what in the world was I thinking writing that" *laughs*
As for the "run" part, I agree, I think I could include more running moments in my blog, but sometimes, just constantly posting how many miles I did each day bores me. Wait until I get back into doing more road races...then I'll REALLY have something to blog about *hopefully* :o)