I finished off the Classical Cakes and Tarts unit by making a "Brooklyn" cheesecake for my practical. It's supposed to be a NY cheesecake but since the outer edge wasn't working out the way I wanted it to and looked a little "rougher on the edge"...I coined it "Brooklyn" cheesecake....I wish I could actually go to Brooklyn and give this to my best friend Aarti because July 9th is her BDAY!!!! FELIZ CUMPLEANOS CHICA!!! :o)Other fun things for the 4th of July weekend entailed:
Checking out ICEBAR:

This was 27 degrees (fahrenheit) of FREEZING FUN!!! Music blasting, people dancing (to keep warm, I suppose), bartender laughing, drinks gratifying...it was definitely one touristy thing I definitely had to check out while out here in Orlando. *shivers*
Ahhh...never thought I'd say it, but it made me miss Chicago's bitter winter... I love wearing cozy sweaters w/a cute scarf, drinking my peppermint hot cocoa, skating at Millenium Park, and cuddling up with my Chilly Willy :o) 

Of course when Kobfa comes out here, we have to go fishing for some really good sushi. I wanted to keep the fun alive and find a Kaiten-Sushi (conveyor belt sushi; aka sushi-go-round) restaurant. I was told that Amura had it. Boy oh boy were we disappointed when they didn't have it. I guess the person misunderstood me when I tried to explain it. Oh well, at least the sushi was good. I tried Googling Kaiten-Sushi restaurants in Orlando...but couldn't find anything...so if anyone knows of one...PUH-LEEEEEEEZ let me know!!!! (Otherwise I'll have to add Sushi Station to my list of places to eat when I get home). The weekend ended with a BBQ at Star's. I was extremely excited for her when I saw the turn out because this is HER day and she definitely deserved to be the happiest that day! I was just grateful to have met someone that gave me a fun place to go (with GREAT food, FUN folks, and GORGEOUS fireworks). We sat so close to the fireworks, I think I'm still washing ash outta my eyes. Hahaha! OH, and let me say, this was my FIRST time playing with sparklers! *gets all giddy*
A great big welcome to JULY!! :o)
I always said there's always a rainbow after the rain!!!...and it definitely made it's appearance on the way to Star's 4th of July BBQ. This was DEFINITELY one of the best weekends yet in Orlando!! :o)
Wish i had a panoramic camera.
This one stretched all the way across the sky (full arch)

So let me get this straight . . . to make a Brooklyn Cheesecake you put bacon bits on the edge?
ReplyDeleteHahahah...is Brooklyn known for bacon bits? I didn't know that. Nah...I just used bits of chocolate curls to cover my boo boo . Tee hee :o)
ReplyDelete