
SETTING THE STAGE FOR OUR DESSERT DECATHALON:
Friday afternoon, as I was getting ready to meet up with Elena to check out Icings Cupcakes' grand opening, I received a text from John seeing if I wanted to grab lunch. Since I already had plans, I invited him along for the ride.

Well, with me, one never truly knows what they are getting themselves into. Ain't that right, John and Elena? *wink wink* It is ALWAYS an adventure!!
BEGIN JOURNEY:
With much enthusiam, John carefully navigated while enjoying what he called a "mini road-trip". *gives John the look of confusion* Were we not in the same state?..let alone city?? Too cute! :o)
I guess one has to understand that Orlando is widely spread out across the state of Florida. So if you live on the east side, you may never visit the west side (unless you hitch a ride with me) :o)
As we circled around Winter Garden, trying to find the cupcake shop and (ahem) Elena , we decided to stop at a Starbucks. You know it's going to be a good day when you start out with an Iced Grande Eight Pump Vanilla Latte. :o) When we were all united, we made our first pit stop at Peterbrooke Chocolatier. While in there, we were entertained by a lady who was excited about her job AND chocolate. I cannot wait until we start the chocolate unit in school.
CONTINUE ON JOURNEY:
We decided that since no one knew where they were going, it was best to take one car. As we followed the directions Google Maps gave us...we ran in to a road block. It dead ended due to construction about 100 yds from the cupcake shop. Grrr....we were so close...we could smell the chocolate (okay, not really, but we were SO close). I had to ask Officer Friendly for directions to get around. After careful manuvering, we made it to our destination (ALAS!!). YAY!!! We saw Renee!!! Hip Hip HOORAY!!! It was crowded but we were offered complimentary cupcakes. However, the one th
ing that I really wanted to check out, the MAIN reason why I went there, was to check out their shotglass desserts (aka verrines). So which one did we get? ONE OF EACH, PLEASE!!! Yup, ONE OF EACH!!!CONTINUING ON OUR JOURNEY:
After we devoured the 6 verrines and 3 mini cupcakes, I wanted to show them the bakery that I had once visited in Winter Garden. Unfortunately, there was a sign on the door that said "Gone Fishing..will return July 23rd." *frown* The sign was too hilarious...wish I had a pic. Oh well!

Did that rain on our parade???? Of course not. It was now time to execute Plan Bluezoo.
BACK ON THE ROAD AGAIN:


Chef Sally said that if we ever wanted to know what "fine dining" dessert looked like, we should check out Bluezoo at Swan and Dolphin. So, we did just that!!! (yes, another great opportunity to set foot on Disney property!) Because our practical is on Tuesday, we thought this would be an excellent opportunity to get some inspiration. Our inspiration (3 different desserts) was consumed faster than you can say "inspiration". The dessert was definitely FANTABULOUS!!! :o)

TIME TO WALK IT OFF:
Since none of us has ever been to the Swan and Dolphin, we thought it'd be fun to walk off the dessert in order to prevent sugar crystalization in our tummies.
Because it was still daylight, many of the shops on The Boardwalk were closed. However, this place definitely seems like it would be a fun place to hang out at...better yet?...MAYBE A NEW RUNNING ROUTE??? Hmmmm...Savitre, put this on the list of places to come back to.

While walking around, we noticed that you could take the water taxi around the resort area...soooo....I decided to kidnap the crew and go for a joy ride!!! Way too much fun!!


Because I didn't want to leave Disney property, our next adventure took us to the Wedding Pavillion by the Grand Floridian. I was hoping to show Elena some of the wedding cakes that they display in their windows...however, there was only one. :o( I love admiring Elena's cakes. Check out her latest creation!! Ooh La la! :o)

TRYING TO FIND SAVORY FOOD:
As the sun was setting, the darkness was rising...and so was our appetite. We were all craving something NON-SUGARY! !! What did we have in mind??? Cici's Pizza Buffet!!! Buuuuut....so did everyone else in Orlando! :o( The line was out the door (literally). It was kRaZy!! So, we drove back to Winter Garden (where we originally ditched Elena's car) and settled for Urban Flats. It was pizza on a flat bread with a flare! Seriously, check out their menu!! This place was definitely yummers!!!

M-I-C (see ya real soon) - K-E-Y (why? because we definitely have to do this again):
I definitely needed this outing trip...but after a long day of fun filled adventures, it was time to say goodbye. Thanks y'all for joining me and giving me a day of laughter and much happiness!
No fair! You went to Todd English's Blue Zoo? I always hear wonderful things about that place. After seeing the desserts, I've got to make this a higher priority.
ReplyDeleteYou definitely need to go back to the Boardwalk/Yacht & Beach Clubs to go running. The path around Crescent Lake is great. The whole loop is hilly. Great workout. Don't forget to do the out-and-back to Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Saw your twitter feed (almost said "saw your tweet", but that just seemed wrong). Nice job on the 7 miler!
looks cool.
ReplyDeleteJustin: When you get a chance (aka not running around all over Iowa) can you email me more details about the runs...esp to Disney's Hollywood Studios...more like where to park and where to start :o) I get so lost out there!!! Hahaha :o)
ReplyDeleteCarey: Thanks....hahahha (not quite sure what you're referencing though) :o)