Unfortunately our sugar unit was only 3 days long *sniff*. I wished it were longer though because this was definitely a fun unit (plus more time to spend with Chef Notter)!
If working with pastillage and chocolate showpieces wasn't hard enough for my little gorilla hands...try having me pull sugar. NOT an easy task!
In the morning, Chef Notter would do a demo and then it was our turn. *laughs* I guess we were supposed to make something that resembled what he made. *shrugs* I tried :o)
My first basic flower: Not too shabby, eh?The concept of making the ribbon was pretty cool, unfortunately I could not gain control of my sugar piece. It had a mind of its own...I SWEAR!!
My first swan:

Okay, so one swan looks like he just woke up and is stretching but believe me, out of all of the swans I made, this was my best. My first attempt at the swan looked like a cobra...definitely no good.
My first fishy:
I thought he turned out pretty cute. This was definitely my favorite piece to do because there were so many different techniques used.
Our last day before graduation week we watched (in the blink of an eye) Chef Notter put together a dragon for our Asian themed graduation. VOILA!

How DOES he do that? He didn't even need to sketch it out on paper first or do a rough draft. We just told him that we wanted a dragon for our graduation and JUST like that...a dragon we got!
*Note: I would've taken more pictures of the dragon if I hadn't been dying from a severe stomach ache. I'm not quite sure why I get these excruiating pains every so often. I know, some of y'all will say it's because I eat too much, but MAYBE I'm still not eating enough!* :o)
Chef Notter then treated us to a luncheon at Lai Lai (Chinese Buffet). I think I would've enjoyed the buffet more had I not been suffering earlier from the stomach ache, but this was our last bonding time with Chef Notter before we graduate. *sniff* :o(

No comments:
Post a Comment