Friday morning (Sept. 11th)...I usually wouldn't be rolling out of bed so early to go to school, but that day was different. Our school had an optional field trip planned to attend the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show. I was pretty excited to go because there have been many years that I've seen the NRA Show go to Chicago and have always wanted to attend but never could because I didn't have an "in". So, here's a recap of that day:
9-10am: I arrived at school to find out John and I were the only ones from our class to attend. It was cool though because we got to hang out with students from the other class. Chef Notter then announces that the convention isn't opened until 11 (oops). :o\
10:00-10:30 Ivonne decides to take us to Panera and discusses Code of Ethics...she said that this was something that HAD to be discussed because it wasn't in our handbook.
*whispers* my opinion...it was used as a time killer :o)
10:30-11:00 On the road to the Convention Center. YAY!! :o)
11:00-3:30 We got there and parked in the North Concourse...and after walking for quite a bit, later found out that it was in the West Concourse (oops again). :o\
HOWEVER, once we made it into the convention, we walked around and got to sample the many goodies they had to offer and check out the latest and greatest inventions for today's happening kitchens.

We even saw a pizza throwing contest... 
And ran into some friendly faces...
Overall, I had lots of fun. I just wished more of my classmates could have gone....
WAIT...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!.... :o)
Because...that's exactly what happened...
On Monday, September 14th, our class had a surprise field trip planned to the Yacht and Beach Club on Disney property. I can't tell if they ran out of stuff to teach us or because the schedule is completely out of control this month...ANYWHO...another field trip for us!! *WOO HA!!*

At first I wasn't too thrilled about going...seeing as I have been there several times now and the fact that Disney World is in my backyard. I wanted to see something new, something different, go somewhere that I haven't gone yet. My friend and I believe that the school is planning their field trips around my blog...first Farmers' Market in Winter Park then Julie and Julia and now Yacht and Beach Club. Obviously I didn't attend the first two...but I'm glad I went to this one...because it's one side of Disney I may never get a chance to see.

Ooo..makes me want to sit on a hammock with a Mai Tai!
Anyways, as soon as we got to school, we were told to head over to Starbucks (which til this day, I'm still not quite sure why we did that) and order a drink of our choice. Of course I had my Iced Grande Extra Vanilla Latte...which means you KNOW it's going to be a good day. :o)Everyone piled in my car and off we went!!! I like driving because I like playing DJ and tormenting everyone with MY music...*evil laugh* Thanks for putting up with Hannah and PYT guys...and I must admit that our rendition of The Lion Sleeps Tonight is WAAAAY better than the original....y'all are so awesome!!!! *group hug* :o)

Check out how HUGE our class is...wait...where did everyone go? :o)
After the brief pitstop at Starbucks, we headed to the Yacht Club to meet Chef Kelly (one of the Sous Chefs at the Yacht Club). It was nice of her to take time out of her busy schedule to show us the kitchen and even let us try the lemon basil gelato and the multi-grain roll.When I used to work in dining services, I met some of my best friends in the kitchen...right "G"? :o) Something about not being in an office behind a computer with no windows but rather the sounds of the pots and pans clanging always made me feel alive, awake, and active. Ahhh...and nothing beats being around the smell of things baking and cooking!!! :o)

After our tour of the Yacht and Beach Club...we headed back to school to discuss our career objectives (more on that in a much later post) :o) and then it was early dismissal day!!! WOO HOO!! So what does Savitre do with the extra free time she has on her hand? She does 10 miles on a treadmill! YUP...TEN MILES!! *pats myself on the back*
More on running and my crazy October schedule COMING SOON in a post near you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment