
My mom just left to return to the Windy City and Lil Oakie :o)
She got to enjoy the bread that we've been making in school. It was so cute to see her enjoy my challah and coffee every morning (and sometimes at night). :o)
Around town, I got to show her: Notter, Celebration, Downtown Disney, Downtown, and of course, my little area of Kissimmee.

Because we've been having temperatures averaging 95 degrees fahrenheit, my mom was perfectly content with staying in my place with the AC.
I didn't think I'd be sad, but it's hard to get used to people visiting and then leaving.
Fortunately for me, my bugaboo (aka my boyfriend, the only "bug" I like) will be here on Wednesday. I have tons o'fun things planned! *jumps for joy*
Though, my mom and I had a very nice relaxing weekend...after 2 long weeks of school.
She got to enjoy the bread that we've been making in school. It was so cute to see her enjoy my challah and coffee every morning (and sometimes at night). :o)Around town, I got to show her: Notter, Celebration, Downtown Disney, Downtown, and of course, my little area of Kissimmee.
I was excited to show her my school, my chocolate showpiece, where I sit in class, Chef Ewald, and Colette Peters. *tee hee* It felt like parent teacher conference all over again.
Anyways, it was really nice to see Colette here in Orlando...a friendly familiar face away from home. She told me that she showed people my crooked pot and mouse cake to many people and they were impressed. She even said that my cake has given her an inspiration for her next cake idea...WHAT?!?!? Lil 'ol me has given Colette inspiration??? Now that's TOP PROPS! *blushes* She's definitely the coolest!
Colette and Chef Ewald then recommended my mom and I go eat at Hu Hot. It's a Mongolian Grill styled restaurant. The food did not disappoint! Still, my favorite create your own stir fry place is Stir Crazy. I am sTiR cRaZy KRAZY!!! :o)
We also had a nice brunch at Hue.


Colette and Chef Ewald then recommended my mom and I go eat at Hu Hot. It's a Mongolian Grill styled restaurant. The food did not disappoint! Still, my favorite create your own stir fry place is Stir Crazy. I am sTiR cRaZy KRAZY!!! :o)
We also had a nice brunch at Hue.


It was interesting to see what downtown was like....ummm...i guess if that's what they call downtown : no skyscrapers, no "L", no roads congested with cabbies, no crowded sidewalks, no Magnificent Mile, no beautiful skyline! *look of disappointment* Nonetheless, I definitely want to go back and explore some more.
missing the beautiful Chicago skyline
missing the beautiful Chicago skylineBecause we've been having temperatures averaging 95 degrees fahrenheit, my mom was perfectly content with staying in my place with the AC.
Speaking of HOT weather...I have found it to be quite discouraging to go run outside (that AND all the buggies). I've waited until the sun goes to bed but the temperature is still in the high 80s. So, I think my next plan is to look into a local gym and sign up for a month by month membership *frown*.
Curse the weather!!!...in Chicago it's too cold, in Orlando it's too gosh darn hot! Gee...I guess the treadmill companies will never go out of business!
I did however go to a Gold's Gym last week and I was in awe by the cardio cinema...run in the dark while watching a movie on a cinema sized screen??...what's next?...treadmills with your own slushie machine? *giggles*
Anyways, although I haven't been diligent about running, today I went ahead and signed up for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K....*shrieks* What's scarier?...the ride or me running without sufficient training!!!!...Eeek!!

No comments:
Post a Comment