So, let me fill you in on my past 48hrs of mAdNeSs (prepare for a somewhat longer than usual post).
It began by trying to clean house on Sunday night. I decided to do the usual, laundry and vacuum. However, I wanted to also clean the outside of my place as well. While I was out there, I had noticed something strange. It looked like a mini beehive...but I knew it wasn't. I kept staring at it and noticed all these bugs flying/crawling around it. I had never seen anything like it before!!
My plan was to have maintenance come over and check it out, only no one cares to answer the phone on a Sunday night. *frown*
While I was in school on Monday, I was hoping that maintenance would've received my message and found a remedy for the situation.....NO, OF COURSE NOT!!!
So, when I got home on Monday, there were TONS of bugs flying and crawling around my front door. It was so icky...some even managed to follow me in (guess they wanted air conditioning). ECK! Okay, you have to understand that I have bugaphobia (not sure what the scientific word is) so I don't do well with these creatures...INCLUDING butterflies (long story...don't ask)!
At this point, I decided that it was a wasp's nest. I looked it up on Google images and sure enough, I was right! Then I did a research on how to get rid of it! Everyone and anyone I called all said to go to Target and buy one of those wasp remover sprays. The thought of having those varmints emerge and then drop to the floor gave me the heebie jeebies! *shivers* So that option was out of the picture.
I waited until Lorenzo got out of work (which was mega late at night) and "bugged" him to come over and save me! He laughed and said he'd do it after school on Tuesday! *gasps* WHAT?!??!?! Tuesday?!?!??! How on earth was I going to wait another day?...let alone leave the house!!!!! *begins to panic* I told Lorenzo that I would just call pest control and show up to school late. Poor Lorenzo felt so bad for me that he actually came over and took control of the situation. MY HERO! *smiles with relief*
GOOD NEWS: Now my front door has an invisible screen of insect repellant.
BAD NEWS: Any bug that attempts to break through that invisible screen dies on contact. UGH! Now, I just have a bunch of dead insects hanging out my front door everyday I come home school! *sigh* Oh how I miss Chicago!
WAIT!!! It gets better!!!!... (NOT!) :o(
Love is the air....and I mean that literally!
It's LOVEBUG season (aka lovebug infestation). For those of you (like me) who don't know what they are...they are these flying insects (male and female) attached to each other. They don't bite or sting or anything but are utterly revolting when they are getting disemboweled, crushed, decapitated, and mutilated on your windshield. Anyone have those bee outfits I can borrow?....I think that's the only way I'll survive Florida!!!

Anyways, Tuesday was better because after school I went with Lorenzo and Renee to Epcot to help them look for a job. Lorenzo had the hook up so I got in for free. He also knew the Executive Chef at Chefs de France in the French Pavillion....so I hope they land a job. *keeping fingers crossed*
We then ate in Mexico because Lorenzo, being the VIP in Orlando that he is, was able to hook us up with some free grub! FREE and FOOD are my two favorite words...and they're even better when they're together. *grin* Did I befriend the right person in Orlando or what? :o)
Afterwards we walked around and went on some rides (again with the not having to wait in any lines). Before we knew it, it was already 8:30pm. We almost stayed for IllumiNations but decided that since it was a school night, we should head home and do our homework. BUMMER! I guess there's always next time.
We've made honey whole wheat, rye, toasted pumpkin seed, sourdough,*takes a breath* and walnut and cranberry.
I never used to be a bread person, but I've tried every single one that we've made and I'm extremely
impressed by the different texture, quality, taste, and flavor each loaf possessed! 
After class today, I shared some good food and great fun with some fellow classmates at Izziban! Oooooh....how I just LOVE sushi! Mmmm....mmm
! :o)

After class today, I shared some good food and great fun with some fellow classmates at Izziban! Oooooh....how I just LOVE sushi! Mmmm....mmm
! :o)Tomorrow we have a quiz...so I must go study!!!


Sure, make fun of the snake on my blog! Get over the bugs. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteSo the ground crunches with the sound of love bugs underfoot. That's nothing. So the sky turns black with clouds of love bugs. What's so bad about that? Buck up. Get an ice scraper and get those bugs off your windshield.
So what's the butterfly story?
You registered for Tower of Terror 13K? What's that, 3 Disney races in the course of a couple months? Whose the freak now! ;-)
Justin: Three races in a COUPLE of months versus 10 marathons in a week! *laughs*
ReplyDeleteAs for the bugs...they KNOW not to mess with me now because I'm armed with Raid cans up the wazoo....so anyone looking for a can of Raid at Walmart or Target or anywhere within a 100 mile radius of Kissimmee???...I can cut you a deal! *snickers*