Sunday, May 24, 2009

Farmers and Fire Dancers

ALAS! I get to finally chill out and catch up on blogging. Hmmm..I think this just means that I need to find more ME time! *looks at watch*

Well, I've been wanting to tell you about my weekend my Sweet Darling Lollipoo was here and I haven't had the chance....so NOW's my chance. YIPPIE!

*begins to ponder* It's been awhile but if my memory serves me right, it began on a clear blue day.... we went to a farmers' market up in Winter Park with Renee (my fellow classmate) and her boyfriend.
This was also my first time riding in a convertible!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!


Anyways, shall we take a look at some of the goodies that were at the farmer's market?
















































Did Savitre leave empty handed?

SHE SURE DIDN'T!!! :o)

Later that evening, we made it out to the Polynesian for some Hawaiian grub'n entertainment.


It was a three course meal:

Beginning with mixed greens with mango-poppy seed dressing, pineapple-coconut bread, and sweet golden pineapple.

For the main course we were offered a bottomless tray of bbq pork ribs, roasted chicken, polynesian rice (my favorite), and seasonal vegetables. There was SOOOOO much food, we never made it to ordering a second helping. *sigh*And for dessert following a production of dimming lights and a parade of servers carrying out a plastic smoking volcano, we had Kilauea Volcano Delight!

I think I would've enjoyed it more had I not been suffering from gluttony after the main course. *chuckles*What did we wash it all down with?
A Tropical Pina Colada and Pele's Fire Punch (with souvenir hand-carved Monkey Coconut) :o)
This romantic evening ended with a stroll along Disney's Polynesian Resort's sandy beach while watching the "Wishes" fireworks.

Aahhh....makes me happy *big smile* revisiting that weekend. I just can't wait for the return of my Hawaiian Prince. Hunny, I LAVA YOU!!! :o)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are really enjoying Orlando. Your report of the Polynesian Review cracks me up. Typical Bake Cake and Run.

    Food picture.
    Food picture.
    Food picture.
    Drink picture.
    Collage of small pics of dancers.

    Definitely emphasis on FOOD! Ha Ha Ha!

    For someone who is going to WDW in 13 days, 120 days, and 227 days, I shouldn't be jealous. But I still get jealous of locals who pop over to the world so easily for a night out. I love the Polynesian Resort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUSTIN: now I'm considering changing my blog title to be called Food Food and More FOOD!!! *laughs*

    ReplyDelete