Well, as I sit here contemplating exactly what to write...I conclude why it's been so hard to find motivation to blog these days. I want to tell you so much about school and all the different goodies we've been concocting, but I've been extremely emotionally drained.
It's been a little over two months since I've been home. Although it may not seem long and people have come out to visit me, it's not the same as actually being home. I miss my mom....my doggie....MY BED!!!!! (and of course my Honeydew) :o(
I must admit that it isn't too hard to make friends...er acquaintances rather, but the comfort of true friends (ones that you can trust, depend on, and just laugh it all off with) is definitely irreplaceable. I know that I am just a phone call or a touch of SEND on email away, but sometimes, it's seeing their smile and being in their presence that confirms "everything will be okay". *sigh*
Please don't get me wrong, I am still learning (and eating) lots. I even have battle scars!!! *flexes muscles*

The one on my thumb is from picking up a tiny speck of freshyly made caramel...
DON'T TRY THAT AT HOME!!!
And the one on my knuckle is from touching the rack in the oven...YES SAVITRE, an oven is HOT!!!! *sigh* I guess it's a live and learn experience. :o) No worries, I still have all ten fingers (for now, at least). *giggle*
This week concludes the Classical Cakes and Tarts unit...but I'm still trying to figure out what I want to make for the practical. We can pick from any of the entremets we've learned in this unit.
So, will it be the....
The Opera Cake?

The Fraisier?

The Engadine Nut Torte?

Charlotte Russe?

Suchard Tart?

Linzer Torte?
Oooooor any of the tarts/cakes we learned in the first week of this unit?Decisions...Decisions! Honestly, if I had all week for the practical, I wouldn't limit myself to choosing just one. They were all so fun to make, I would definitely love to try them all again. :o)
Anywho, I have lots of fun and exciting things to look forward to this week, so I'm hoping that this will help lift my spirits and make being homesick a little more tolerable...afterall, there is ALWAYS a rainbow after the rain! :o)
G'night Y'all!!
I agree. There is nothing like friends to give you the support you need at times of need. Not to get all philosophical or anything, but I like to think that those past faces I don’t see anymore still think about me as I do of them, providing me with hidden blessings and support even though I don’t know it. Keep baking! You’re doing great! ;)
ReplyDeleteAnonymous: Thank you for your kind words. Although I don't blog in seek of reactions...I must admit that some comments (such as yours) are truly encouraging. Thanks for reading my blog...it's fun knowing that others care to share in my interest!! :o)
ReplyDeleteYour hand looks like my poor feet! Do you run on your hands perchance?
ReplyDeleteSorry to see you hit a rough patch. As a mere acquaintance who just pushes SEND on the email, best wishes.