Monday, October 26, 2009

To Bee or Not To Bee

The last and final Disney race of the year...the Tower of Terror 13k! *Eeek*
This race was going to be a memorable run!
This race was going to be FUN!!!! :o)


*yippie* I was so glad I decided to run in costume because IT'S DISNEY!!!
Check out some of these photos from Studios Central.
I was NOT the only one with the spirit of fun!!

What was even more exciting was that I got props for wearing the costume. Many-a-times I would run with my name on my bib and no one dare tries and attempts to yell out my name and cheer for me. However, with the bee outfit (which actually lights up in the dark...incredibly cool), I had people rooting for me from every direction. LOVED IT!!! :o)


Thank you whomever you were out there cheering for me!
Y'all definitely made it a memorable run for me!! :o)


I was able to run the entire distance (okay, minus that last and final ginormous hill right before the 8 mile mark, but that was it. I never understood why people put hills at the end of a long run. Was the run not torturous enough?!?!?). Still, I was extremely proud of my accomplishment! I did carry a camera on the run, but I wanted to actually RUN so I did not take many pictures. However, here are the pics I did take.

Signing the Hotel Register


Meeting Up with Nick and Lee Ann
(y'all are a riot, thanks for letting me tag-a-long) :o)

Firework Start
(sorry, best I could do) :o\


Starting Line


Buck Hornsby
(part of a mystery clue thingymabobber)

Hitting Up Rides After the Race


Showing Off My Bling! :o)

This was the last running of the Tower of Terror 13K. I'm glad I got to be a part of this historical run, but am also sad to see it go away. I think most Disney runners would agree that this was one race Disney definitely should not take away.

Have no fear...
I'm sure Disney is conjuring up something better somewhere! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment